WE SAW JACK JOHNSON!!!!!!


We have waited for this day for a LOOOOONG time!
As you read in one of my older blogs, I had quite the time getting Kokua tickets this year.
But the bottom line is WE DID IT! WE SAW JACK TONIGHT!
Along with a bunch of other people you probably don't know,
like DAVE MATTHEWS! haha. Ok, so you know him... sue me!

I arranged for my neighbor, Nicole, to babysit my kids right after I got my tickets. So we dropped the kids off early afternoon and headed down to Waikiki to catch the Trolley from Kapiolani Community College.

Here we are ready to leave!
Thanks for making a silly face Matty

Here's Matt waiting for our Trolley

Our view from inside the Trolley
WE'RE HERE!
With lotsa sunscreen and full tummys, we just sit and wait for the show to start.
We got their early because our tickets were on the Lawn. And it's first-come, first-serve on the lawn. So I brought our ginormous picnic blanket so we could have a nice big spot on the grass. I felt sorry for the people sitting on their sweaters.
Here's our view of the Waikiki Shell
We're really not that far from the stage. You see the bands really well.
This is the lawn WAY before it really filled up.

Matt taking a little nappy-poo

Yeah, we got rained on a little...
but in Hawai'i, when you feel the rain....
YOU START LOOKIN' FOR THE RAINBOW!

Here we are killing time with the camera....
I think this face was 1/2 yawn!
Oh, and how do you tell someone that their THONG is INSIDE OUT?
!hahaha!

First up, there were a couple of people who I didn't know.
Then along came PAULA FUGA!

I love Paula Fuga!
She opens for Jack a lot. And if you haven't heard her music,
Click on this link:
and listen to "Country Road" by her and Jack Johnson.
Awesome Song!

After Paula it was Dave Matthews with Tim Reynolds.

Matt was getting us donuts when Dave came out, and that's why he got a way good up-close picture of Dave.
I had to take pictures of the big screen...

Dave was good. A lot of the people were there for him.
Not me! I was there for JACKIE!

There was a little break between Dave & Jack,
and I was very excited to have found a quarter on my blanket that I was eyeballing earlier.
The thong girl, also had money falling out of her pocket. I told Matt she should share with me. So I was very excited to find that one of her quarters has made it's way onto my blanket!
I took this picture, then threw it back onto her blanket, cuz I'M HONEST!

Yeah, i know... It's kind of a gross picture of me, but deal with it.

Matt, on the other hand, never takes bad pictures :o)
He's always handsome :o)

The Shell all pretty and lit up


THEN... the moment we'd been waiting for all night...

!!!JACK JOHNSON!!!

I'm pretty sure I saw him wave at me!
Here's a couple of my favorite videos from tonight:
MONSOON
-- one of my favorite songs on his new cd "Sleep Through The Static" --



At the end, Dave & Jack sang together!
It was an AWESOME concert!
And I hope I'm still in Hawaii next year so I can go again!!

Comments