Matthew's 8th Birthday!!

Yes, our little baby Matthew is EIGHT now!!

We celebrated his birthday at The Tropics here on Schofield. I've learned to love The Tropics because you can rent this whole big area for $15 bucks! And that means that I don't have to have a bunch of crazy kids destroying my house. So The Tropics has become my best friend when it comes to birthday parties.


We took Matthew to Costco a few days before his birthday to order his cake, and here's what he picked:


Here's sticky-fingers-Natalie pretending like she doesn't have a devious plan to touch the cake


I KNEW IT!



I gave each kid a certain amount of tokens to use on the different games




Here's Dauntrel, Nathan, Matthew, & Sterling checking out the car racing game
Kenzie & Sterling decided to play pool


Matthew & Dauntrel really liked the racing game!


It's Shawn & Kenzie's turn to race!


Here's Nathan's 'begging for more tokens' face



After about an hour of playing games, it was cake time!



Blow out the candles!


After cake, it was present time. Sadly, not very many people were able to make it to Matthew's party. My original plan was to have his party on his birthday (Saturday). But they were booked. So I asked about Friday. Booked. Thursday? Nope. I looked at their calendar and said, "Wednesday looks open." So we had to have his party on a Wednesday afternoon. NOT the best time, but at the time I was making the reservation, I was just ready to get the party done and overwith! So we got Wednesday, and 4 of his friends came. Plus the Sommers family :o)

Here's Matthew and his present pile


First up, a present from his BFF Sterling!
Here's a VIDEO of Matthew opening his present


LEGOS
! Just what he wanted! He said,
"I'm going to play with this every day!"

Next, from our neighbor DauntrelTEN BUCKS! What kid doesn't love money?

Last, but not least, from Shawn (Maggie's son)

It looks like Maggie was on the right track too!

Even though not very many kids were able to make it, he had a lot of fun at his party. And that's all that really matters.

Then later on, we had to have an Ice Cream Cake from Baskin & Robbins for the family to share :o)


HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY MATTHEW

YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MY LITTLE MATTATOE!

Comments