Happy Valentine's Day

Isn't Valentine's Day so much more fun when you actually have a VALENTINE???
I think this was our first Valentine's Day together in 3 years.

Since Matt had never been to a luau, I thought this Valentine's Day would be a good day to go.
Here we are as we arrived at the Luau:

There are a lot of different activities going on that you can do before the Luau Dinner at 7pm. So we tried our hand at Spear Throwing

Matt's spear actually stuck in the hay!
Mine hit the hay and bounced off! LOL!

Here we are getting our Shell Leis
(We gave ours to the couple sitting next to us so they
could give them to their friends when they go home)



Here we are with our Shell Leis that we won:

Here is a video of the 'The Chief' making jokes to the crowd while demonstrating how to open a coconut:
(Look at the tribal tattoos on his stomach. They're all over his legs too!)

The Luau Buffet tables
or as the Hawaiians say, "BOOfay"

Look at the beautiful sky!
It looked painted!!!

Beautiful Hawaii

After trying our hand at Spear Throwing, we went to the bar to get our VIRGIN Lava Flows (it's like a pina colada with strawberry syrup! YUM!) Then we went back to our table. As we were sitting there drinking our Lava Flows, Matt says to me, "So, do you want your REAL Valentine's Day present?" I knew he was joking because we had already agreed not to get eachother anything, because I didn't know what to get him. We agreed that the Luau was our Valentine's Day present, and also the Piano that we were going to pick up the next day (new blog!). Then he said, "So do you want it?" I said, "What are you talking about?" then he pulls a JEWELRY BOX out of his pocket!! OH.....MY.....GOSH! I was so nervous I couldn't even open it! I was thinking, "it could be a ring, necklace, earrings...." I was getting all nervous while Matt keeps telling me to "Open it." So I slowly opened it and he got me a NEW pair of DIAMOND EARRINGS

NEW because about 7 years or so ago he bought me a pair of diamond earrings, and I LOST THEM! So he said, "These ones are bigger so you won't lose them this time". Awwwwww.... I have the sweetest husband in the world! Apparantly, he did it after he got his root canal at the dentist last week! I HAD NO IDEA!!

My NEW diamond earrings
(that I won't lose)

Bling Bling!

What a perfect ending to a perfect day!
We ate our awesome luau food, watched the spectacular night show and then went home to relieve our 12 year old babysitter, Teshena, of the grueling task of babysitting our children.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Comments