Any of you who have experienced, or are currently experiencing, a deployment know how important that monthly PNO (Parent's Night Out) is!!
Well, since my soldier is home, my free PNO's are over :o( And I'm too cheap to pay the childcare fees for 4 kids. SO I have been lacking the monthly PNO.
Another change that has happened since Matt has been home, is that I don't get to see my friends NEARLY as much as I used to. And I've been missing my BFF Christa for a long time now! We were practically inseparable during the deployment. So when I saw her last week at the PX, I set up a Girl's Night Out for us!! No CDC needed! We have our husbands at home to watch the kids!
So last night was my first GNO since the deployment!! We had SO much fun!
First, we went to Nordstrom Rack, because Christa had never been there before and she wanted to see what it was all about. I loaded up my arms, while she carried around a pillow and debated on whether to buy it or not for about 10 minutes!! LOL! She ended up not getting it (and now regrets it!). Good girl. Me, on the other hand, not so good.
The air smelled wonderful as we left Nordstrom Rack, and we were hungry for dinner! So we drove across the street to Ward Center to eat dinner. The plan was to park Valet, but it was full, so we continued on into the parking garage. It was MADNESS! There was NOwhere to park! So we drove around, and around, and around, and around, heard somebody crash, and drove around, and around, and around. Christa was nervous in her Kia Serento because the parking garage only had a 6ft. clearance. We ended up on TOP of the parking garage on the 7th floor, and tried about 3 different open spots, that were too small, then we finally parked!! Holy Cow!
Here is a VIDEO of us in the parking garage
So we made it to Ward Center and had decided to eat at Ryan's Grill. Like always, we were the only white people in there, so they stick us in the back of the restaurant in a corner! LOL! I'm sure it's not just because we were white, but it was funny. We always get romantic spots when we go out to eat together.
I WAS STARVING!

To add to the romance, there were single red roses on our table:
I'm looking as sweet as I possibly can
Christa is thinking of her true love... ME
Never mind looking sweet!
Christa's turn to look sweet... as always ;o)
Our drinks came!!
I had a Pina Colada like always.
OOPS! I missed!
Thumbs up for Christa's drink!
There!
OH SNAP! It froze my sensitive little teeth!
YAY! Our food is here!
Christa's
Mine
ALLLLLLL GONE!
I ate every last bite!
Here I am fat, full, and happy :o)
Then we went back to the car.
Here is our view from the top!
After dinner, we went to the Ice Palace to ice skate. I would MUCH rather have gone roller skating, but there are no roller rinks on O'ahu. Very sad, I know. So I had to try my hand at ice skating. It was my first time!
Here we are ready to brave the ice!
Ah got mah glubs!
Christa is an old pro at ice skating
We had a lot of fun. It was Saturday night and every teenager in Hawaii was there. So feeling a little out of place being over 18 and the only white people there, we braved the ice. I DIDN'T EVEN FALL DOWN!! Christa liked to speed ahead of me and then wait for me. But I think I was doing pretty good for my first time!!
After the Ice Palace we wanted to go out for dessert. Christa remembered this really good looking dessert at Ruby Tuesday's, so we went there.
Here is our good looking dessert we wanted!!
Don't hide!
LOL! This was Christa's face when our waiter came and told us that they STOP MAKING THOSE at a certain time in the day. So no yummy dessert for us. We got up and left.
Can you guess where we ended up at?
That's right! BASKIN ROBBINS!!
I had a little baby banana split.
Our GNO was a lot of fun!
Are you JEALOUSSSSSSS you didn't get to go????
Comments