Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!!

HAPPY 2008!!
no, not 2010, Natalie. 2008!
or as the Hawaiians say
"Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!"
(how-OLEE mah-kah-HEE-KEE HO!)



We rang in the New Year in style with another famous FERGUSON FAMILY PARTY!!
As always, we invited the Hite's to party with us. We kicked off the evening with FOOD (yes, lots of food) and a little bit of Karaoke. That was Nathan's favorite part. He always loves to sing 'YMCA'. Here is a picture of Nathan singing:




After Karaoke, we played a few games, ate some more food, and then decided it was time to bust out the NEW GAME we bought today. Guitar Hero Rock Bands of the 80's!!!
As always, we had a blast playing, and I dared to enter into the "Expert" category and passed 3 songs before I go 'booed' off the stage. Therefore, Aaron Hite has banned me from playing even Medium songs now... fat chance! I LIKE TO WIN!

Here I am winning

To explain this next picture, it was only customary that if I was to play rock songs of the 80's, that I should also dress 80's style. I have a side ponytail and a headband. It really helped me reach my true 'rocking' potential.

(I had no idea my 'Happy New Year' crown was on backwards!!)

And here is Matt rocking out:


...still rockin!


LOL! And the night wasn't complete without Reina rocking hard with her new light-up stunna shades that she won in one of the games we'd played earlier!!

And the rest of the night was history.
We played Guitar Hero, ate food, and flew the kids' remote control helicopters for a while.
A couple of minutes before midnight, we all gathered around the tv to watch "the ball drop" in New York City (recorded 5 hours earlier).

Here is Kenzie & Reina ready to ring in the New Year:


Aaron & Matt, SUPER excited!!





Aaron & Reina and their baby!! jk

Me in my Happy New Year hat:


Awwwww..... Our first New Year together in a long time!


Immediately following the traditional 5-4-3-2-1 countdown and the New Year's Kiss, we all proceeded outside and made an obscene amount of noise with party horns and the conch shell. YES, a CONCH shell!! I learned how to make them loud at the Polynesian Culture Center. It was INSANE the amount of noise that we were making!! The dog was barking and howling at all of the noise. I don't think she liked it too much, but I was dying laughing!!!

Me & the Conch!

The New Years Kiss!!


And so ends 2007 and begins 2008. The New Year has finally arrived in Hawaii, and
what better way to start off the new year than a trip to the beach!!


my view of the beach on New Year's Day:






A beautiful 80 degree day!






Let's make 'local kine snow angels'
aka: SAND angels


Natalie & Nathan doing making their best sand-angels


Thanks for throwing sand in my face, Aaron!!

Sandy Cheeks


Matthew loves to take the rocks out of the ocean
Poor kid... it's hard to play at the beach with a cast on you arm!!

Cheeeeeese!!



Aaron & Matt on their 'lover's stroll' along the beach


Kenzie got buried in the sand!!!


And so did Natalie!


Here is a video of Natalie having fun in the sun!


The kids playing in the sand
(Nata is in a hole that Kenzie dug)


Our Beautiful Hawaiian Sunshine
A perfect beginning to, hopefully, the perfect year! We hope 2008 finds all of our friends and family happy and healthy! We miss all of you guys, and as always, give us a jingle if you ever happen to land on a tiny rock called Hawai'i in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!!

Love,
The Ferguson Ohana
P.S. I JUST CAN'T HELP IT!!!
(scroll down)

















WARNING:









THE PICTURES YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE
CONTAIN GRAPHICS THAT MAY BE
UNSUITABLE FOR CHILDREN.

DUE TO THE GRAPHIC NATURES OF THESE PICTURES.....




VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.















I JUST WANT TO PROVE TO YOU THAT....











PEOPLE IN HAWAII HAVE NO SHAME!!!!!



















HERE ARE A COUPLE OF BEACH BABES ;o)








Yes, you can say it... "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????"


And I'll be the first to admit that I'd look the same as they do if I wore those bathing suits, but...
FOR THE LOVE OF THE HUMAN RACE.... COVER UP!!!!


Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL @ that happy face on the anonymous lady!!!!!!