I guess when it rains IT POURS at the Fergusons!! Just when we were beginning to think our bad luck streak was over!!
I am HIGHLY desiring a new video game for Christmas called GUITAR HERO! I can hammer out some serious face melting guitar solos! It's pretty awesome. But anyhow... because of my strong desire for this game, I decided to empty out Duckworth (the name of my "piggy" bank that is actually a duck). As I was sorting through Duckworth's quarters, I heard a different sound when I threw a certain coin into the quarter pile. I picked it up, flicked it with my nail, and excitedly said, "MATT! I found a SILVER quarter!!" And then I flipped it over and noticed that it wasn't just an ordinary quarter.... it was a BICENTENNIAL! So I told Matt, and he said, "They didn't make bicentennial silver quarters." We get very excited when we find silver coins, so I handed it over to Matt to inspect it, and we realized that this was a rare find! I HAD JUST FOUND A SILVER, BICENTENNIAL QUARTER!! They must have only used Silver in 1976 to celebrate the 200th year of the bicentennial. And I FOUND ONE! So, of course, we look online to see how much this new treasure is worth, and it is auctioning on ebay for $30!!! I'D JUST FOUND A $30 QUARTER!!! It was my lucky day!! So Matt decided to "buy" my rare quarter from Duckworth and donate $30 towards my Guitar Hero fund. It turns out, Duckworth coughed up nearly $50 in coins!! WHAT A LUCKY DAY!!! .... or so I thought.
Later on that afternoon, Matt had the day off, and him and Aaron Hite were going to go to the Automotive Craft Center to work on his pick-up. At the same time I was going to drop something off to a lady from church. So Matt & Aaron leave, and I go on my way with all 4 kids and the dog that we are dog-sitting. I leave Base the same way every day, taking the back roads and hitting the fewest intersections that I can. So as I am crossing through the ONLY stoplight that I have to go through on base, I look to my left, and to my surprise, see a big green Range Rover bailing through his red light and coming right towards me! He skids, I swerve, and HE HITS ME!!!! First thing I do is look up at the stoplight to see what color it is. It's GREEN!! Yesssssss! It's not my fault!!!!! Then I think to myself, "...are you kidding me? Matt just got rear-ended a week and a half ago, and we haven't even gotten THAT fixed yet!" So we safely pull off to the side of the road and I call Matt to come to the scene of the crime! I am not kidding!
A perfect crash! Right above the tire so my door still opens! But NOT THE HOOD! The fender has crunched over the hood so we can no longer open it. Good thing Matt fixed the A/C LAST week!! sheesh!
No one was hurt, the guy admitted to it being his fault, and after 2 hours of standing around and police reports, I was on my way, again, to drop off my books to the church lady. So I drive up to the church to see if she is there, but both gates are closed. So I proceed to back up, cautiously, when this CRAZED MANIAC in this Green Ford Explorer comes flying up the road headed right towards me! I thought "Oh no! They're not slowing down! I'm a Haole (white person) in a prominently Hawaiian neighborhood, and I'm going to get hit again!! HIT THE HAOLE!!!" Then I look up and realize that it's my FAVORITE PERSON IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, Sara Langi :o) Boy, was I glad to see HER, rather than an irate Hawaiian!! So I tell her my sob story about my car and about my Guitar Hero fund to Sara, and she opens up her wallet and says, "I want to contribute!" LOL! THANK YOU SARA LANGI FOR YOUR GENEROUS CONTRIBUTION TO JENILEE FERGUSON'S GUITAR HERO FUND! Your kindness will not go unappreciated! So, off we go, again, driving my poor beat up car, to run our errand. We made it, all is well, and we are already on our way to getting it fixed.
Here is me with my charitable donation from Sara
HOWEVER..... Matt's accident was a little more complicated since it involved 3 cars, and the person who caused the accident was a 16 year old minor. I would LIKE to get all the body damages fixed at the same time, and not have to take the car into the body shop twice. But the insurance company (all people involved in both accidents have USAA insurance!) is waiting for the 16 year old girl's DAD to sign a release of the police report because she's underage. BUT, if Matt wants to, he can go to HPD (Honolulu Police Department) and get a copy of the report and fax it to USAA. So I think we'll do that to get things rolling. Here is your reminder of Matt's damages:

So there is our "more" trouble in Paradise. HOPEFULLY our bad luck streak is over, and we should be rolling in a car with a new paint job here in the near future!! LAUGH IT OFF!!! I think the moral of the story is: MATT CANNOT WORK ON HIS PICK-UP TRUCK!!! When HE got rear-ended, he and Aaron were on their way to work on the Pup. Same as when I got hit... they were on their way to work on the Pup. IT'S JUST NOT IN THE CARDS!!!
:'o( OUR SAD LITTLE CAR :'o(
:'o( OUR SAD LITTLE CAR :'o(

Comments