Happy Halloween!

YAY, this was Daddy's first holiday home with the family in a LONG time!! We're all still getting used to having him home. And what a treat it is!! ANYhow... We had a fun, and WET, (yes, wet) Halloween this year. Who woulda thought that we'd have a tropical downpour on Halloween?? Hawaii is supposed to be sunny and warm all the time, right? NO! Warm, YES! but Sunny? Not in the fall! It's called "the rainy season" and also "hurricane season". So the weather is wild and crazy this time of year. It's always fun to pick out the tourists driving down the road in their shiny convertible cars. Anyone who lives here knows that just because it's not raining where you are currently, doesn't meant it's not going to be raining 5 minutes down the road. It's fun to see them getting rained on as they drive down the road, and then pull over to put the top up. WELCOME TO HAWAII IN THE FALL!! LOL! I know, I'm terrible.







October was a very busy month for us! We didn't even decorate, and we barely carved our pumpkins!! We took a trip to Aloun Farms in Kapeoli to visit their Pumpkin Patch and pick out this year's pumpkins. The kids each enjoyed picking out their very own, and then getting to take a Hay Ride around the farm!! It was a lot of fun!




Here the kids are at the Pumpkin Patch


!!Hay Ride!!



Then it was time to carve the pumpkins (my personal favorite part)

Natalie's Pumpkin


Nathan's Pumpkin

Matthew's Pumpkin

McKenzie's Pumpkin




alllll the pumpkins!



Here is Kenz & Matt's pumpkins LIT! Oooohh...


We had the kids use their old Halloween costumes this year, and just pick out something that fit. Kenzie was a witch, Matthew was the Red Power Ranger, Nathan was a Monster, and Natalie was a Tiger. But, MY GOODNESS~ Those warm Washington/Idaho costumes will KILL a kid of heat stroke here in Hawaii!!! So, needless to say, they didn't stay on very long. But they were darn cute while they were in them!



Kenzie's Witch costume


Matthew's red Power Ranger



Nathan's Monster costume



We didn't get a picture of Natalie
in her Tiger costume, but she
still looks cute getting ready to
go to preschool, right?





Here is Natalie having a NOT-so 'happy' Halloween!






This year's annual 'Trunk-or-Treat' at the church was moved INdoors where we decorated a classroom (instead of our trunk) for the kids to go from room to room Trick-or-Treating. It doesn't matter where you go, just as long as you get candy, right?

The room we decorated (and my friend Sarah :o))




On a sadder note, we've had a death in the family. Yes, "Cleo" died today from natural causes. We bought her at Wal Mart one year ago, and expected her to live for a week or so. But she surprised us and lived a lot longer. I found her 'belly-up' the other day, but then somehow revived her (i'm pretty sure i'm the 'fish wisperer'). She lived for a good 3 days, but then I found her belly-up again today. She is currently "looking for Nemo". LOL! WE FLUSHED HER!

R.I.P. "Cleo" October 2006 - October 2007







Since Matt has been home, his days at work have been short (since all of their tools are on a boat somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean on their way from Iraq to Hawaii). I can't even tell you how great it is to have him home! I'm having a hard time grasping the fact that he's not leaving again (anytime soon). I catch myself looking at him and thinking to myself, "I'm going to miss that face." Then I realize that he's not going to leave in 2 weeks like he did on his R&R!! Life is GREAT! He is getting ready to take his block leave (aka 'vacation time') at the end of next week. He'll be off from November 9 - December 8. So all of you who are in WASHINGTON should know that we are going to TRY to get on a Space Available flight during the beginning of his leave so that Matt can see his family that he hasn't seen in over 2 years. But just like everything else in the Army, it's not for SURE. But pretty likely. I'll let all of you Washingtonians know if we make it across this big ocean.





Alright, well that's pretty much all from the Fergs this month!! We hope everyone has a fun and festive Holiday season!! Christmas is coming and the goose is getting FAT!!


Lots of hugs & aloha,


The Fergs

Comments

Sara and Tafu said…
Hey Jeni, good job on the update. The kids are so cute in their costumes. I will pray that you guys get on a flight to go see the family. Much love to you!
Mer said…
Hey Jeni,
It was so good to see you at the trunk or treat. I didn't realize you had a blog until I was looking closely at Sara and Tafu's blog. Well, anywho, I'm adding to my friend's list. Cute blog and I'm sure you're elated to have your hubby back. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see what else you'll post. Love ya, Meredith :)
Karen said…
When did Natalie get so big! It made me realize how long it has been since we have seen you guys. I am so glad that Matt is back and you will get to all celebrate the holidays together this year.
Angela said…
Natalie looks so old in these pictures!
Your kids were som cute on Halloween and their pumkins looked way cool!
Your room was cool. Sorry about the puke thing.

So cool seeing you as a family!