October has been fairly kind to us, and we're only a little over halfway done! We've had lots of fun cousin time, and had Makenna spend the night before her family left for Oregon the next day. I met Jaylene at the South Hill Mall to do the kid swap, where I ALSO ran into my old friend from Oregon, Miranda, who I just had lunch with a few weeks ago! Funny to see her there! Anyway, we made the kid swap and Jaylene brought me a "love gift" which was a giant Cow Chip Cookie!! Here it is:
With the kids in school now, along with developing a morning routine for after they leave, I've also developed a TV WATCHING ROUTINE!! Isn't that terrible? Well every morning after they get on the bus, I watch Regis & Kelly, then the View, then The Doctors, the People's Court, and if I'm still watching tv by then I need help. But anyway, on Regis & Kelly they are having a Halloween Costume Contest. I'm sure they meant a costume for people, but I couldn't help submitting a picture of Zoey in her best Wonder Woman costume. Here's the picture:
One can always wish, right?
I was looking through my old pictures on my computer and came across this one:
Aside from being like 50lbs. heavier now than I was then, I wondered if I could still do it... So I tried, and I was pleased to find out that I CAN!! A little more fat in the mid section, but
DAW GONE IT! I CAN STILL DO IT!!
DAW GONE IT! I CAN STILL DO IT!!
Natalie turned 5 on Wednesday, which I will blog about after this, but her birthday inspired me to try to master 'Monkey Bread'. This was my sad first attempt at Monkey Bread which I ended up throwing away, because it didn't turn out.
Here's a random pic of the Nan sleeping like her Grandpa would:
Nathan's Funky Ears!! So you all know that Nathan went in and had surgery in July 2008 to have his tonsils out, adenoid removed, and tubes put in his ears to help drain fluid. Well we just went in to an ENT here in Washington for a follow-up to make sure things are still good, and we found out that the right ear is still blocked, and the left ear needs cleaned out. So he's going to go in on Wednesday and get anesthetized so they can clean his left ear, and replace the tube on the right. Well last night Nathan told me that the inside of his ear was really itchy and then showed me on a wipey what was coming out of his ear. Not good stuff. So I tried to clean it out as best I could and then told him to go to bed and lay on a washcloth. The next morning, his washcloth was clean, but he had a ton of that junk all caked in his ear totally blocking it. He couldn't hear out of it at all. After telling all of this to Matt, he told me I needed to take him in. So to make a long story short, I did, and they said that his ear is just draining. So he gave me a prescription for some stuff to drop in his ears 3 times a day till surgery day. So when I got home we dropped the stuff in his ears, and rubbed it around like he said, and then I saw this blue thing sticking out!!
It was his TUBE!!
So I cleaned around it, not knowing how long it was or anything, and then it just came out!! It's a TEENY little thing! So then I googled it to make sure that that was the whole "tube" and not just a piece of it. I imagined it to be a long tube. Not the case. Here's what google taught me:
I had no idea. Maybe I should have researched this stuff BEFORE he had his surgery, ya think?? So I guess we got the whole thing. Look at how SMALL it is!!
I had no idea. Maybe I should have researched this stuff BEFORE he had his surgery, ya think?? So I guess we got the whole thing. Look at how SMALL it is!!We're all decorated for Halloween!!! Just because Daddy is gone doesn't mean the kids get to miss out on decorating for the Holidays. And you KNOW I'm gonna be up on my roof at Christmas time putting up lights!! And don't try to stop me!! Taking pictures in the dark is not an easy task for me and my retarded broken camera, but we did our very best. Here is the house with the flash (not as awwwing)
And here we have the front door adorned with a NEW black star with orange spots on it, appropriate for Halloween. I'm lovin the little lit up pumpkin and ghost lights on both sides of the door too:
Here is my old light up Jack-o-lantern from Hawaii. He still works after a new light bulb and a fuse change. It's a Halloween miracle!
And here's the lights around the garage. I must say it was quite difficult getting around Matt's big ol' truck!!
And here's the big picture. My house all lit up at night. The only house on the street all festive and ready for Halloween!!
(NOW it's time for the "ooh's" and "aaah's")

(NOW it's time for the "ooh's" and "aaah's")
HOORAY! And that concludes my Random October '09 Update!!
(P.S. Blogging is hard for me now so you better appreciate this effort!)
(P.S. Blogging is hard for me now so you better appreciate this effort!)
Comments