((Besides I think it's "hooray" now anyway.))
She always says the kindest things
and in the kindest way.
She has a wrinkly, twinkly, smile
she's happy all the day.
It's always fun for everyone
when Grandma comes!!
Yay! My MOM is here to visit this week!!
We picked her up at the airport on Friday afternoon.
Here she is giving Matthew a hug at the airport.
(notice her pretty purple lei)
After the airport, we took her home, sat her down and said,
"Whaddya wanna do?"
She said, "Go somewhere with AIR CONDITIONING!!
So we went to the PX where the kids could play and we could sit in the A/C
Here's Nanny with her skeleton toy Grandma gave her, being silly:
The next day (Saturday), we had to get up pretty early to get the kids to the church at 8:30 for their Primary Program practice. As you can guess, Mom was up at 5am.
I'd been up all night long because of the drunk people singing all night long. It was terrible!!
While the kids were at the church, Mom was threatening me, telling me she was gonna tell everybody "you don't get to eat at Jen's" if we didn't get to go grocery shopping.
In my defense, we are 3 days away from pay day, and we ALWAYS have only a little bit of food left. We seem to have more days than dollars. haha!
After we picked up the kids at church, I asked mom if she wanted to visit the Dole plantation, so I could give Matthew's necklace back to Tafu to tie it. So we did.
I was very excited to see my BFF Sara there, who has met just about everyone in my family because I always take them to see Dole when they come. So I gave the necklace to Sarah for Tafu to fix, then we walked around a little bit.
Here's a pretty little pineapple ready to pick!
Then the kids wanted to feed the nasty Koi fish!
Slippery little suckers...
Aren't they just nasty?
Then I convinced Mom to go over and take some silly pictures!
She said, "Don't I look retarded?"
Nooooo! You look like a Hula-ing pineapple!
Matthew looking silly
The Nan & Gramma hiding in the pineapple field!
Kenzie-Benzie
I walked back to my car to get my military ID because this month is Kama'aina and Military Appreciation month at Dole, and we get like 15% off!
So I bought a shirt!
And when I came back, I found Nathan & Natalie looking at something in the bushes...
It was a PEAHEN!!
Not a peacock, because peacock's are boys.
This was a girl cuz she didn't have any fancy feathers:
When we came home from Dole, we put the good stuff we bought at the Commissary to good use! She said, "Whaddya wanna make first?"
I said, "Do you even need to ask??! APPLE PIE!"
So Mom coached me along as I made THREE apple pies!!
Here is #1 all beautiful and ready to go in.
I didn't do the edge. It looked smashy when I did it.
We wanted to try this kind of crust too...
Here are two of our three beautiful pies hot out of the oven!!
Mmmmmm!! Just PERFECT!
SMILE!
We had a lot of fun.
We really don't have any plans for this week except for the Swap Meet on Wednesday, so you'll just have to stay tuned to see what the rest of the week throws at us!
Comments
-Sydney
I didn't give you one of those pie dishes did I? Pie makes me think of you! They look so yummy!