Just like I said in my previous blog,
TODAY WE WENT TO THE BEACH!!!
We went to Haleiwa Ali'i Beach Park, since it's the closest beach to us, and when we got there... Holy Cow!!! The waves were huge!!
But I also haven't spent a lot of time at the North Shore during the Fall/Winter months, and I'm sure they get much bigger than this. But we were in awe!
Here's everyone seeing "if the water is warm".
(yes, it is)
Watch this cute video:
There were lots of people, even little kids, out on their surfboards
enjoying the big surf!
Grandma is beach combing, and the kids are looking for crabs:
Kenzie found a crab!
Then we headed over to the other side of the beach,
where we all got WET!
Nathan & Natalie were staying dry and digging in the sand:
Oops! That wave got 'em!
Haha! She didn't expect that last wave!
Then a REALLY big wave crashed up onto the shore
and went so far up the shore that it soaked Nathan & Nan
who were quietly playing in the sand!!
Nana was NOT to happy:
It even soaked our DRY clothes we set on the beach!!
Here's Kenzie still playing with one of those little stretchy skeleton toys that grandma gave to them the first day she got here:
Grandma decided to brave the big ocean.
Here she is helping Matthew stay on his feet!
Grandma & Matthew getting soaked:
Whoops! That one swept her off her feet!!
She's still smiling tho ;o)
Then Grandma got REALLY brave and tried body surfing,
which is what she saw ME doing earlier...
Oh crap!
Got her!
Oh my goodness!
She thought she was drowning!
One wave after another, after another, came and knocked her on her butt,
and spun and rolled her around on the beach!
Poor Mom! I was laughing at her after I realized she wasn't drowning!
a Local Braddah goin out on his surfboard:
Hey look!
It's ME!!
I'm hardly EVER in pictures since I'm the picture taker!
Mom couldn't see anything, so she did the point-and-click thing:
Mom said it's the funnest day she's had so far!
After the beach, we came home and washed all of the sand out of our butts.
Mom was amazed at how much sand you get into your bathing suit.
She said she's never laughed so hard while taking a shower!!!
After everyone was de-sanded and clean, we took off to Waikele for a yummy SHAVE ICE!
Here are the kids sharing a Shave Ice:
Yummm....
mine was bubble gum & watermelon
(i thin i'll stick to just plain ol' bubble gum from now on)
Matthew & Kenzie sharing a
Lemon-Lime & Apple Cider shave ice:
Nathan & Natalie sharing a Rainbow flavor shave ice:
Mom got Root Beer & Bubble Gum,
and here she is with a BRAIN FREEZE!!!:
Hey look!
The Missionaries!!
(they looked at me like I was crazy when I took a picture of them)
After saying "hi" to the missionaries, we waited for the Trolley to come around for a free ride around the Waikele Outlets:
Here it comes!
*ding*ding*
"Rice-a-roni, the SanFrancisco treat"
Gramma & Matthew riding in the open back:
We rode around to Kmart, where we went in to look for a few things.
While being distracted, we found these totally cute Christmas decorations!!
I know... why do they have Christmas stuff out in October?
I dunno...
but this guy was adorable!
He rocked in his chair all by himself!
Watch the video:
Too cute!
After the Rocking Moose, Grandma went and paid for the stuff (including a birthday present for Natalie) while I took the kids to the gumball machine to divert their attention.
I had to get a gumball for Me & Mom too, and we both got BLUE!
Here we are showing off our blue tongues while waiting for the trolley again:
Look at this cute picture of Nan on the trolley:
Riding back to the car:
We got back to the car, and didn't even make it out of the parking lot before making another pit stop at Leonard Jr.'s HOT MALASADAS!!!!
If you've never had a Malasada, I HIGHLY recommend it.I can't even describe what it tastes like, except for Heavenly Goodness!
But here's what they LOOK like:
1 chocolate custard filled
and 4 vanilla custard filled!
Those Malasadas were gone about 20 seconds after that picture was taken!
THEN we went home.
We had a lot of fun today!
Check out mom's SUNBURN!!!
I KNEW she'd get burned! Oh well... hopefully she goes home with a good Hawaiian tan!
Tomorrow is the kids' first day back to school after Fall Break (whoo hoo!),
and it's also NATALIE'S 4TH BIRTHDAY!
So you can bet yer britches that I'm gonna blog tomorrow!!!!
Comments