The Army Strikes Again....

Everyone knows that 'The Army' always lies. You can never believe anything anyone says, because 'the Army' can change it in a second, and then change it back if it wants to. It's insanely frustrating, but part of life as an Army Wife (right, fellow army wives??)

As I've been saying forever, Matt will be home on Thursday. Thursday at 6pm became Thursday at 10pm, and then TODAY he texted me while I was on my walk and told me that he wasn't coming home on Thursday anymore. He'll be a few days later. He doesn't know when, just later.

I THINK it's because of the trucks. They have to be inspected before they come back to Hawaii, and if they don't pass inspection, they need fixed till they pass. And the other day he said that they were doing truck inspections and only 20 out of 90 trucks passed. So hopefully they get them all fixed soon, so they can all come home.

To make it in the military you have to stay optimistic. So the bright side of all of this is that I will get to spend more one-on-one time with Jeanelle when SHE comes on Thursday, and since Matt will have been gone for more than 30 days, we get that extra $250 in our pay for Separation Pay!

So there ya go. Uncle Sam is a big fat liar, and I have no idea when Matt will be home. WELCOME TO THE ARMY!

Comments

Ashley said…
Clearly, we know the extra cash can't always make it better. That's a bummer, but enjoy the time with your sis!
Brown Ohana said…
I'm sorry to hear that:( I guess it'll just make the reunion that much sweeter:)
-Love ya'
Sydney