A Day At The PCC


Matt had a 4-day weekend this weekend (4 days off in a row) because of Hawaii Statehood Day, so since the kids were out of school on Friday, we decided to use our year passes to the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC), and just do the activities without watching any of the presentations. It was great!

First, we went on a canoe ride.
Daddy was entertaining us by asking the kids to show their different faces;

Here is Natalie's MAD face:


Here's Nathan's MAD face:


This one is SCARED:


And here's HAPPY :o)


I like Happy best.
Next we went to Tonga and tried our hand at Spear Throwing:


Harder than it looks!
Then we went and sat down and made little fishies out of coconut leaves!

The Tongan woman was helping Nathan with his:


Almost done....


DONE!


Here's what our little fishies looked like in the end:


After that, we went to Tahiti, where the kids were DYING to go, because that's where there's FISHING!


And MATTHEW caught a FISH!


Matthew felt sorry for it because it was bleeding, and we let it go.....
and continued fishing.....


...until NATHAN caught a fish!!!


We let it go,
and then Nathan caught ANOTHER fish!!!

TWO FISH! What a lucky kid!

After that, it was time for the fishing to close down temporarily, for the Canoe Pageant.
We've already seen it a billion times, so we went to eat lunch instead. There were a bunch of tables but NO chairs!! We had to fight for our chairs, and this rude German dude named "Sven" stole one of our chairs while we were standing at the table!!! Matt said that he's European and they do weird things. So I gave him weird looks. We eventually got our 6 chairs and had a delectable lunch.

After lunch we ventured onward...

Here's a kodak moment:
another kodak moment:

Oooohhh... Aaahhhhh...

This is one of their newest exhibits. I have no idea what it's called:

This was also in their new exhibit:

Look! A Hale!!

Inside the hale:

The kids got a raft ride from a Fijian warrior:
While the kids were having their raft ride, Matt and I wandered over to the wood carver, and found out that if you boil coconut milk for long enough, it will turn into OIL which can be used as a sunscreen, and to keep bugs away! Cool huh!? That's an upcoming Ferguson Family Experiment.

Next we went to Aeroteroa where Matt and I got the hang of playing their little stick game that they play. It was fun! But I didn't want to spend $40 on sticks that you bang on the ground and then throw to each other. I'll make my own, thanks.

Last but not lease, we ended at Samoa, where Matt tried his hardest to make fire, but didn't make anything but smoke:
Hey, smoke is close to fire, so I give him credit. It's hard work!


And that was our day at the PCC!!

On our way home, we stopped by Hukilau Beach where Wahiawa 1st & 3rd Wards were having a ward camp out. We were just in time for dinner :o) It was fun to see all of the old familiar faces that I never get to see anymore from 3rd ward!

Then we skipped the Night Show at the PCC and drove home!!

Comments