July 8th - 9th



I know my blog has been quiet for the past few days, but our lives definitely HAVEN'T been! And BLOGGING IS NO FUN ON VACATION! So from now on, my vacation blogs will be mostly pictures, and little caption (cuz uploading the pix takes the longest!


~~~TUESDAY, JULY 8th~~~

We drove home from Oregon!

No matter how long I live in Hawaii... I will NEVER....MISS....ROAD TRIPS!!!!!

The Portland Temple!!!
(from the freeway)

Crossing the Columbia River
YAY! We're in Washington!!!



Almost Home!
Crossing the Tacoma Narrows Bridge
The beloved basement.....
where Matt and I spent our first four years of marriage.....
where we brought McKenzie and Matthew home for the first time.....


~~~WEDNESDAY, JULY 9th~~~

On Wednesday we waited around all morning for Matt & Dick to get back from their "two hour" (actually 3 1/2 hour) run to Bainbridge Island.

Here's me & Kenzie killing time waiting for the guys to get back:


THEN WE TOOK THE BOAT OUT!!!

As Grandpa was backing up the boat into the water,
Nathan was in the back seat saying, "Yer good.... yer good....keep going...."


Here's a VIDEO of the kids on the boat:


Our destination:
BLAKE ISLAND Salmon being baked Indian style in an oven pit over an alder fire:

The gorgeous Seattle skyline:
(even with a Ferry)


And I got to end they day off with a visit from my good friend Liz and her two babies: It sucks that I don't get to see ALL of my friends when I go to Port Orchard, but Liz is so close that I HAVE to see her!

Comments