the Quiet before the Storm

It's been a quiet week huh? Nothing majorly exciting has been going on.
Just keep in mind, that this is just
THE QUIET BEFORE THE STORM!

Tomorrow is MAY DAY for Kenzie & Matthew
(Jeanelle went with me last year).
So we will have LOTS of pictures of that.
Here's what
Wikipedia says about May Day:
In Hawaii, May Day is also known as Lei Day, and is normally set aside as a day to celebrate island culture in general and native Hawaiian culture in particular. While it was invented by a poet and a local newspaper columnist in the 1920s, it has since been adopted by state and local government as well as by the residents, and has taken on a sense of general spring celebration there. The first Lei Day was proposed in 1927 in Honolulu. Leonard "Red" and Ruth Hawk composed "May Day is Lei Day in Hawai'i," the traditional holiday song. Originally it was a contemporary fox trot, later rearranged as the Hawaiian hula song performed today.

Also, tomorrow we are going over to the Akhay's house and they are going to put the PIG IN THE IMU!!! 'Imu' as in 'hawaiian underground oven', not 'Emu' the mean bird that i hate. So we will have LOTS of fun pictures of the pig, or "pua'a", getting roasted!!!

this is an Imu at a luau

Then on Sunday, I've been invited to Fara-Mone's graduation from Kamehameha, which is a BIG DEAL!!! I can hardly wait!
So to entertain you until then, here are some pictures that I found on Matt's computer of PTA:




this is how Hawaii gets it's toilet paper & rice


Nap time


Cactus on the Big Island



Remember this crater from when Matt and I went to the Big Island in November?


Well this is what it looks like now:



Yes, it erupted, and the lava flow changed so that you can actually go see it.
We weren't able to go when we went.
Matt had the opportunity to see the flowing lava,
but the majority of the retards in the Army wanted to EAT instead.
Cuz you can see flowing lava all the time....
You never get to eat (sarcasm)

Here's Matt & Aaron



And remember this lava tube?


They went into the same one when they were at PTA



Aaron Hite

Matt Ferguson



And this poor guy....
he was sleeping and they were putting Funions in his mouth


They got two in....

Then he woke up


Alright, so stay tuned for our fun filled weekend!!

ALOOOOOOOOOHA!

Comments

Jeanelle said…
I wish I was there again tomorrow to sit in the field and wait for the rain to pass! I can't believe it's been one year since I was there. And I loved the funyons pics! ha!