Happy May Day
Today, Solomon Elementary celebrated May Day, which in Hawai'i is also known as "Lei Day". It's a day in which we celebrate Hawaiian culture.
We ate breakfast with the kids, and then just set up our chairs after we ate.
It didn't start until 8:30, but we found my BFF Maggie, and sat next to her.
Around 8:15, the kids started trickling out onto the field. I saw Matthew right away, but he didn't see me until then:

We ate breakfast with the kids, and then just set up our chairs after we ate.
It didn't start until 8:30, but we found my BFF Maggie, and sat next to her.
Around 8:15, the kids started trickling out onto the field. I saw Matthew right away, but he didn't see me until then:
And, yes, I broke the rule and went under the 'caution' tape to take a picture of my kid, dang it!
Cute Kenzie
Handsome Matthew
This year's May Day theme was "Hollywood Comes to Solomon".
The 2nd Grade (Matthew) danced to 'Puff The Magic Dragon'.
I could not find Matthew for the life of me! So I just videoed a big chunk of all of the 1st graders dancing. It turns out he was to the right of where I'm filming, and facing the right, so I wouldn't have been able to find him anyway.
1st Grade ready to dance!
The 2nd Grade (Matthew) danced to 'Puff The Magic Dragon'.
I could not find Matthew for the life of me! So I just videoed a big chunk of all of the 1st graders dancing. It turns out he was to the right of where I'm filming, and facing the right, so I wouldn't have been able to find him anyway.
1st Grade ready to dance!
the stupid video wouldn't upload, so whatever...
Nathan & Natalie were sitting so patiently!
How'd I end up with such good kids!
After Matthew's dance, it was the 3rd Grade's turn (Kenzie)!
Kenzie had been keeping her dance a secret from me so it wouldn't "ruin it".
They DISCO danced to "Stayin Alive"!!
It was so stinkin' cute!!
Kenzie's ready to boogie!
She told be that the reason she was dancing in the front was because she is one of the best dancers!!!
Here's the VIDEO of her disco dance
It was a lot of fun! We always look forward to May Day.
Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to still be here to see another one next year!
Comments