Shina's Birthday!!

Meet TASHINA SOLIAI!


She is one of my Young Women at church, and part of one of my favorite families here in Hawaii, the Laumatia's. I love them to death!
And today was Tashina's 13th birthday!


She and her family celebrated it at Maggie & Andreas Advincula's house. And since Maggie and I are good friends, she invited us to go too.


For the celebration, Andreas' mother (who is from Peru) cooked up a Peruvian FEAST!!

Here is what we ate:

COW STOMACH

COW HEART

PERUVIAN RICE

POTATOES WITH CHEESE SAUCE


I TRIED EVERYTHING!!! But I have to be honest and say that I did NOT like the cow stomach or heart, but the potatoes and rice were good.

After dinner, we went back to good ol' American food... CAKE!!

Here is Shina's cake:

Here we all are ready to eat cake!


Here is Shina ready to blow out the candles:

What a nice sister! She let her baby sister blow out her candles!

Before we served the cake, Maggie requested that Shina take a traditional "Spanish" picture with her face next to the cake like she was going to take a big bite. Being a good sport, Shina does it, and then Maggie SMASHED HER FACE INTO THE CAKE!!!!
Awwww.... Poor Shina.
It was a really fun party!

Here is Tashina after she opened all of her gifts:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TASHINA!
She'll hafta remember the cake thing when it's Maggie's birthday!!!

Comments