WE'RE GOIN' TO JACK!!!!!

OH, THE MADNESS!!!
Anybody who knows me, knows that I love Jack Johnson's music.
(That's what you hear playing on my blog right now!)
And if you haven't done so already, I highly recommend that you go out and buying his new CD that was realeased in February called "Sleep Through The Static" (see above). It is awesome. But anyway.....

This will be my second (and last) time going to see Jack Johnson at the annual Kokua Festival in Waikiki. It will be Matt's first time, so I wanted to get 'the good seats' instead of General Admission on the lawn like last year. The lawn is 'okay', but since it's my last year, I wanted to be up Jack's nose.

Last year's concert was Jack Johnson and Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam. THIS YEAR it's going to be JACK JOHNSON AND DAVE MATTHEWS from the Dave Matthew's Band.

They had a 'members only ticket pre-sale' to Kokua Foundation members. I though I was a member until I realized that I'm only a member of their mailing list! Not the actual Kokua Foundation. THAT costs money to become a member. And I'm cheap. So, oh well, right? There'll be more tickets later? TRY AGAIN!!

The Kokua Foundation Member tickets sold out in less than 1 minute. To SCALPERS!! Madness! Then they had a radio station pre-sale to people who cleaned up the beach. But i'm lazy. So... Sorry.

So the last sale was when the tickets went on sale to the public through Ticketmaster today at 9am. I was up at 4am just to make sure it wasn't Eastern time!!

To make a long story short, it was complete madness, and I BARELY got my two General Admission on the Lawn tickets! And now the Hite's and Aguillard aren't going to be able to go because they weren't online at 9am! SUCKFEST! I guess their last resort will have to be one of the Star Markets on the island. I hope they get to go :o(

So I'm feeling bad for the Hites & Aguillard, but feeling lucky that Matt and I get a spot on the Lawn. Too bad all of the scalpers got the tickets. Do me a favor: Go to ebay.com and search "Kokua" and you'll see where all of the tickets went. I wish there was a way to catch these guys and make their tickets worthless. I wonder how Jack can feel good about his tickets selling to people like that!

Anyhow, WE ARE GOING! TO OUR LAST AND FINAL JACK JOHNSON CONCERT!
Personally, I couldn't care less about Dave Matthews. I think he's a step down from Eddie Vedder. He had Willie Nelson in 2006. But whatever. I'm there to see Jack, not the other dorks.

APRIL 19TH, 2008 @ 4:00!!!

WE'RE GOIN' TA JACK!

Comments